Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nap Time Mishaps

I would like to start off this post by saying upfront that I do not have any pictures. You will all be disappointed by this fact as you read the story, but I decided I should still share it. So, as you know from our previous posts, Levi is now in a toddler bed. Well, the first few weeks in the toddler bed went great. We'd lay Levi down and he would roll over and go to sleep.

However, within the last week, Levi has realized that he has a lot more independence and has been taking advantage of that independence. He goes to bed at night great, but nap times seem to be another story. All last week, instead of going right to sleep, he would play for about half an hour quietly and then go to sleep. At first I was putting him back to bed, but then I realized it wasn't a big deal. If he wants to play a little and give me a little more free time, that is not a problem.

Famous last words, right? Monday this became a problem. After an hour and a half, I was getting frustrated because he wasn't going to sleep. Then, I heard the crashing. I ran upstairs to see what was wrong, getting more worried with each step because I heard nothing. I opened the door and found...

All the drawers to his dresser/changing table open and empty, Levi sitting on top of the changing table, the diaper stacker and wipes warmer on the floor, clothes everywhere, his hamper empty, one shelf of his book case on the ground, the book case completely cleared off, and Levi sitting ON TOP of his changing table saying "Hi!"

I was shocked. This is where I should have thought to grab a camera, but instead I took him down, put him back in bed, and told him not to get up again. Shortly after that he finally fell asleep. What a nap time, huh? Let's hope this does not continue.

3 comments:

N8 said...

These are the types of habits that are hard to break. I still empty out everything in my room before going to sleep, sometimes climbing on top of the dresser and saying Hi to Melissa before bed.

Jennifer said...

Nap times could continue to remain very interesting for a while. Are you still sticking with the same philosophy? Or are you going to try something new now?

Meliski said...

This
Is
Freaking
Hilarious!

Thanks for the great mental picture since you couldn't provide us with an actual one. :)