Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just the two of us

I always do posts about Levi to show what he is doing. Not too long ago, I decided to do a post about me and Jeff with some pictures. Only to find out that there are no pictures of me and Jeff. Apparently the last six months have been all about Levi. This isn't surprising but I figured it meant that Jeff and I needed some time just the two of us.
So, with Grandma Lynda watching Levi, we headed to Leavenworth for an evening. We stay at the Enzian Inn for a night and got tickets to the Sound of Music. The show was great. It is out the outdoor amphitheater and Maria comes out of the hills signing. It was a really great show. The kids were especially great and it was really fun. I don't have any pictures because they were not allowed but it was great!
The next morning we had breakfast at the Inn. The have a horn player that plays a HUGE horn during breakfast. It was pretty cool. We had never seen that before so it was fun. Plus, the breakfast was great. It was not the normal continental breakfast. It had made to order omelets, German pastries, and lots of fresh fruit.
After breakfast we headed to the mini golf course that is included in the stay. It was an 18 hole golf course with real greens. I had never seen such a thing. Unfortunately, we were stuck behind a large group of older people who were playing very slow so we skipped a few holes to get ahead of them. We played all the holes minus those few. I of course won, as long as you consider winning scoring the most points. However, if you follow the traditional rules, then I would have to say that Jeff won by nine or ten strokes. I still say the most points wins!
After some shopping and lunch, we decided to head home. We couldn't wait to get home to see our little boy. Although some time away was nice, we couldn't be away too much. It was a great night. It was fun to not have to worry about a schedule, not have to think about when to feed Levi and getting him home in time to go to bed. We got to stay out late and sleep in. It was amazing and much needed!

3 comments:

Danielle Hawes said...

Oh my goodness!!!! It looks like so much fun!! Ryan and I def. need to go sometime!!

Kat said...

It is really fun and pretty reasonable. Like $175 for a night...that includes a good breakfast and put-put. You can pay $140 just to stay in Portland for a night.

Meliski said...

Awww! A weekend away! This is a great post. So happy for you two and it looks like you got great weather! :)